суботу, 7 лютого 2015 р.

  Dear Victoria,
   I’m very happy you’ve already got accustomed to living in New York! You made a long and exhaustive boat trip on a way to a better life.  I respect your desire to build a promising future. But do you have nostalgia for a native country? Are there any stereotypes about migrants? I hope you didn’t face with a sort of a hostility related to people who leave their homes in order to find an asylum in more prosperous countries.
  As we know, people, whom sometimes we call refugees, were escaping not from a good life. I’m among those, who suffered from a racial discrimination. There was always only prejudice and contempt because of our skin colour. One day, going for a wander, I realized that didn’t want to feel remote anymore. As a result, I’m here, in New York.

   It took some weeks till I could find some vacancies. Now I’m a garment worker.  I don’t have any time to chill out! It happens only once or twice a month when I allow myself to listen to the victrola or visit Coney Island. Moreover, my employer gives me a possibility to go away for a well done job. You can’t imagine what a wonderful feeling I have being off the beaten track and watching unspoilt stunning landscapes!
Formerly, you’ve mentioned that you live in a tenement apartment building which has five floors and 18 families living there. I’ve heard such buildings are run-down and have budget accommodation.  I was lucky to live in a house which was under the restoration.  Now there are almost perfect conditions. 
   I live at piece with my neighbours and we do each other good
   I have to thank you for a recipe of burekas! They have an excellent taste!  At the end of the day all families gather together in the open air and enjoy this dish.

   Do you know what? I have a proposal! Let’s take a relaxing holiday to recharge our batteries. It’ll be a good idea to set out, won’t it?
   I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.
   Yours, Olesia

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар